Barefoot through life...............

....under my socks at least in the winter!!!

Name:
Location: By the Sea, Edinburgh

Monday, December 13, 2004

The mist swam above the sea, carrying in each drop the fragrance of wood smoke and winter.

I played a slow game with the tide, chasing it out, standing on the concrete slabs as it licked around them. Chasing it further out as it grew more shy. I reached the yellow pole, my hands felt its barnacles and rust. I slung my arm around it like I would an old friend or a new friend. And we stood, me and the barnacley pole and I chatted with my creator- talking into the mist.

I told him of my fears, my hopes, my feelings that I don't deserve his grace and favor as much as he lavishes them on me, but I said it with fear that he could just withdraw it all at anytime.

I know that my inheritance is safe in him, and that I am living already in eternal life, but I also know that I signed up for hardship, pain and persecution- to share the cross, and yeah there is a part of me (a big part) that hopes this will never come.

What if all that I love and hold dear other than God was taken from me. Sometimes I wonder if I try not to love and hold things dear.


1 Comments:

Blogger rebekah said...

Psalms 34:1-10 - amazing psalm, the words have been ringing in my head lately - "...because of You I lack nothing".

It's amazing how much my heart resists that, resists being happy in His presence. But he's there, waiting, smiling at me, at us in our fears with a joy in his eyes..."do not be afraid, little flock, for the Father has been pleased to give you the Kingdom" (-Jesus). One of the things I find so amazing about Jesus was his continual trust in God, when everything was turning against him. I'm glad He prays for us. I want this psalm to be real for me...

I will praise the Lord at all times;
His praise will always be on my lips. I will boast in the Lord; the humble will hear and be glad. Proclaim with me the Lord's greatness; let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord, and He answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to Him are radiant with joy; their faces will never be ashamed. This poor man cried, and the Lord heard [him] and saved him from all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and rescues them. Taste and see that the Lord is good.
How happy is the man who takes refuge in Him!
Fear the Lord, you His saints,
for those who fear Him lack nothing. Young lions lack food and go hungry, but those who seek the Lord
will not lack any good thing.

Psalms 34:1-10

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home