Barefoot through life...............

....under my socks at least in the winter!!!

Name:
Location: By the Sea, Edinburgh

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Cleverly disguised as not bumbling!!!!!!

As the sound fills my mind, it wanders...
..Along a beach, rolled up trouser legs,
Sand between toes of feet that have been bare all day.
Stepping into tarry water side by side.
Watching the lights strip the willow with the waves-
Orkadian style.
Each moment lasts a lifetime,
Yet rushes on by as tracks play.

My mind shifts now to a street,
As we dance along.
On and off the pavement, side by side.
Music in only one side of my mind,
The other side flicks with possibilities,
I just try to slow my breathing.
happiness rises inside.
I feel my Creator so near.
A broad grin across my face-
Its there even now.

Then to the deck of a ship I go,
Watching the sun bow to the day.
Then slip behind the curtain of dusk-
The colours, the sounds.
Hat on the head warmth,side by side.
Red hoodies pulled tight.
The wake of the boat, awakens me,
From the slumber of unexpectancy.
As it is, it lasts forever.

Then my mind shifts to the stratered rock,
Golds, pinks and browns.
Tunes in one ear, sounds of the sea in the other.
The rock, a cleft holding memories.
With hope that the tide will come in and lap our toes.
Sleep comes easily, but is brief.
I open my eyes and realize.
I can have these moments,
wherever, whenever,
Until the track ends that is.........................

3 Comments:

Blogger pine-cones said...

nice rainbow in your direction at the moment.

6:19 PM  
Blogger pine-cones said...

Our days are as the wind blows us, we are free
You've a quiet life out of town of coastal ease
The wind it has no pattern, we take life slow
And when the night has fallen, our cup overflows

Yeah we've been walking barefoot all summer
Why can't we just design to live like this all the time?

(Maybe we all can. That's what we're doing, i think. Designing. Or being designed on.)

11:58 AM  
Blogger barefoot said...

..........profound

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home