Barefoot through life...............

....under my socks at least in the winter!!!

Name:
Location: By the Sea, Edinburgh

Monday, December 27, 2004

....... And then she woke up and realized it was all a dream.

All the stories that I wrote as a child (and there were quite a few) end like that.
The hero of the story was just a child dreaming. I am really not at all sure where I got that concept from? Maybe I was actually afraid of my imagination and where it took me or embarrassed by it. Was it a way of me clarifying to my elders and wisers that

"I know this can't really happen. See she woke up...."

I am realizing that I was always the character in my stories.
Though in reality I didn't sleep well as I child, I would wake in the night after having a nightmare, and get out of bed and sit outside my parents room. I was afraid to go in, in case they got angry because I woke them, just sitting outside their room felt safer than if I was in bed as I was afraid of going back to sleep. Funny thing is as an adult I spent six years trying to do nothing but sleep, being awake was more scary than being asleep. Weird cause when I did eventually wake up I realized unfortunately that it hadn't all been a dream....





3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still am the character in my stories to be honest....

2:23 PM  
Blogger pine-cones said...

Exploring a Story vs. Concluding a Story
interesting

10:14 PM  
Blogger rebekah said...

i know what you mean, i would often catch myself defending myself to an invisible audience in my journals, (or to the me in the future?), or tone things down just in case. It's a scary prospect, knowing that you may read it later and think things about yourself then. Don't keep a journal at the moment, I think I'm giving it a bit of a rest...

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home